Wednesday, January 20, 2010

i69 - Exit 10

What are they gonna call this area? 

Exit 10, I-69: Fishers supports everything south of the highway but Noblesville supports everything north. State Road 238 is being renamed 'Southeastern' Way, which is not only the area's high school name but also the direction 238 travels. 'Olio' is ruled out because that's what they call the area down on 116th St (Caslers is a nice IU bar). It probably wouldn't be 'Geist', especially after the residents just lost a property battle to Fishers.
My vote is 'Deer Creek', paying homage to the natural terrain and the original shopping center that launched too early (Amish Furniture?) and the Music Center, which was later renamed by corporate whores. I have a feeling this area will become more than just a folksy town with all these new med/tech parks in the neighborhood. There needs to be distinction from actual-Fishers and actual-Noblesville.

Top 12 Comedy Podcasts

I'm not calling this a list of my favorites, because I know this to be fact, not opinion: Kill Tony T.Y.S.O. Bad Friends Are You Garbage...